Sunday, May 19, 2013

Prepping for the first camping trip of the season!

So Summer break for me officially started about 2 weeks ago and I have been slowly prepping my Toyota Pickup for its first camping/wheeling trip at Uwharrie National Forest. The trip was originally planned with me taking my Jeep in mind, but plans changed, and the Toyota will be doing camping/wheeling duty this go round. Since this trip was a bit of a last minute type deal I have been scrambling to get some work done on her for the trip. The trip is planned for Memorial day weekend so the 25th and 26th. I wanted to finish up wiring up some new offroad lights and build a roofrack before the trip. I recently purchased a Hobart Handler MIG welder so building parts will be a bit easier and the welds look soo much nicer now. I also picked up a bunch of metal yesterday to start on building the rear bumper for a tire carrier and jerry can swingout, but unfortunately it will not be done before the trip. Now that I am on Summer break Expect more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment